Monday, June 09, 2014

10de ELMAC/TELIC conferentie in Sheffield

The MSc E-learning, Multimedia and Consultancy (ELMAC) was established in 1999 as a collaboration with Hogeschool van Arnhem in Nijmegen (HAN) university in the Netherlands. This collaboration ceased in 2008 when the course was revalidated as MSc Technology Enhanced Learning, Innovation and Change (TELIC). The Catholic University College Limburg (KHLim-Hasselt) took over the role of Nijmegen. This time did six Flemings at the Conference including my fellow student Valere. The Flemish sound is an extra pleasant dimension. There have been approximately 85 graduates and there are currently 23 students taking the course. An annual student-led conference has been running since 2005 and have been held in Sheffield, Nijmegen, Hasselt, Rotterdam and Newcastle. This year is the 10th and is held at a time when the course is being closed down by Sheffield Hallam University. It is therefore a time for reflection on what the course and its community has created, and to celebrate what it has achieved. Purpose: we aim to share, to discuss and to grow together. Themes: The boundaries between work, leisure and learning; The effects of technology on the type, place and effectiveness of learning and teaching; The development (and continued existence) of learning communities.
I am graduated in 2005 and I have all 10 conferences attended (one of the three!). As now a trip to Sheffield. The most important aspect for me is keeping my knowledge in the field of e-learning. I have many new developments and technologies at a Conference for the first time heard, such as the Twittering in 2009. It strengthens my confidence that I as a senior in this branch of sport still good with it. Admittedly the social aspect in an English pub is nice too. It is also funny that you already know the road in Sheffield. Also this time it was fun and I'm glad I'm gone. I do wonder if it's the last time it was. Although the 11th conference was announced to be held in Hasselt! next year.


No comments: